Here you will find the latest information regarding GBC's COVID-19 related plans.
Reviewed and updated August 31, 2021
Our desire as a church from the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic has been to wisely and practically approach our response to the pandemic and our local and regional phased re-opening plans and ordinances. First and foremost, we trust in our Lord Who is sovereign and in complete control (Psalm 19:7-14, Psalm 46:1-3, James 1:5). Second, we carefully delineate our plans and practices to reasonably comply with local, state, and federal recommendations or requirements (Romans 13:1-7) and to ensure the safety and wellbeing of those in our church. God commands us to gather as the body of Christ to worship Him and to minister to and encourage one another (Hebrews 10:24-25). Our desire is to physically gather together for our times of corporate worship, but have also taken advantage of tools and technology to keep our body connected if some are observing stay-at-home measures.
We continue to monitor local, regional, and national news regarding COVID-19, including information on Alachua County's COVID-19 resource page, Florida's COVID-19 page, and the CDC's COVID-19 site. Here are the latest updates regarding church activities in light of COVID-19:
- In-person Sunday morning services at GACAR
- We have been meeting for in-person Sunday morning worship services at GACAR since May 10, 2020. Our livestream broadcast remains available to those who are observing stay-at-home practices.
- Since restarting our in-person meetings, we have made modifications to our room setup and cleaning practices to support physical distancing and improved hygiene measures.
- If you are experiencing symptoms known to be associated with acute COVID-19 infection or have had recent concerning exposure to someone who tested positive for COVID-19 along with symptoms, we ask that you stay at home and join our service via livestream.
- In light of the recent COVID-19 case surge and concerns regarding the delta variant, masks or face coverings are strongly encouraged while indoors at the GACAR building on Sunday mornings.
- As part of our efforts to facilitate physical distancing and clean hygiene practices, we have modified our coffee and refreshment services.
- Given the recent case surge, we are temporarily suspending our childcare/nursery for children 0-3 years and will reassess conditions to determine when it is most reasonable to restart. We ask that parents keep their children home if they have fevers, respiratory or gastrointestinal infectious symptoms, or any recent concerning exposure to people with COVID-19 or influenza.
- We are continuously assessing our practices, space and setup, group sizes, and volunteer/staff needs to ensure we provide a safe and clean environment for those attending our in-person gatherings.
- Men's, women's, and youth studies
- All studies are meeting in-person at the GACAR building.
- Check the church events calendar or Sunday service bulletin for specific meeting dates and locations.
- Lord's Table
- We are observing communion together during our worship services at GACAR on the first Sunday's of the month. Communion elements are packaged in self-serve kits that can be picked up at the welcome table upon entering the conference room.
- We encourage you to remain faithful in worship through your giving
- Please remember that your giving can be done on our website through the giving portal (Church Center account required).
- You can also send your checks to our physical address: 5745 SW 75th Street, #221 Gainesville, FL 32608.
- Please let Phil or Ed know if you have mailed a check so that we can promptly deposit it.
- In-person giving remains available on Sunday mornings.
Throughout the pandemic and recovery processes, we have the amazing opportunity to show that we are the church through how we manage these challenges. As we continue to navigate these times together:
- Remain encouraged by reading and meditating on God’s word
- Pray for one another
- Stay connected with each other in fellowship and through practicing hospitality
- Join the congregation at GACAR on Sunday mornings or join via livestream if you are observing stay-at-home practices
- Write a note of encouragement to someone
- Stay connected and updated via BAND and church email announcements