Check this page regularly for the latest regarding GBC's plans and preparations in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Updated: May 9, 2020
Our desire as a church is to wisely and practically approach our response to the COVID-19 pandemic. First and foremost, we trust in our Lord who is sovereign and in complete control, even though the world around us may be chaotic and gripped in fear (Psalm 19:7-14, Psalm 46:1-3, James 1:5). Second, we will carefully approach our plans and practices to ensure appropriate compliance with local, state, and federal recommendations or requirements (Romans 13:1-7) and to ensure the safety and wellbeing of those in our church. God commands us to gather as the body of Christ to worship Him and to minister to and encourage one another (Hebrews 10:24-25). While our desire is to physically gather together for our times of corporate worship, we understand that this may need to be changed and we are grateful for the alternate means and technology that we can use to still be able to worship together.
Please take a moment to read our pastor's latest update letter regarding our plans for Sunday services and bible studies in May.
Here are the latest updates regarding church activities in light of COVID-19:
- In-person Sunday morning services at GACAR resuming May 10, 2020
- We plan to restart our in-person Sunday morning worship services at GACAR beginning on May 10, 2020. We will continue to maintain our livestream broadcast as usual for those who are continuing to observe stay-at-home practices.
- You can continue to connect to the live feed through Facebook Live starting at 10:30 am on Sunday mornings
- Please review our update letter, which outlines our modified service format and practices.
- Our church "mask policy" can be found here.
- Men's, women's, and youth studies
- All in-person bible and book studies will remain canceled until further notice
- Men's and women's studies will continue in video-conferencing format using Google Meet. Check your email and/or the BAND app for specific dates and Google Meet meeting invitations.
- Weeknight church devotions and prayer time
- Pastor Brandon has set up evening devotion and prayer times (8:00-8:30pm) via Google Meet on Thursday's. To join the meetings, simply use the Google Meet invitation links sent out via email and/or posted in the BAND app.
- Lord's Table
- We will plan to observe communion at our first service back together at GACAR on May 10, 2020.
- We encourage you to remain faithful in worship through your giving
- Please remember that your giving can be done on our website through the giving portal (paypal account required).
- You can also send your checks to our physical address: 5745 SW 75th Street, #221 Gainesville, FL 32608.
- Please let Phil or Ed know if you have mailed a check so that we can promptly deposit it.
- In-person giving will be available again starting on May 10, 2020.
During this COVID-19 pandemic, we have an amazing opportunity to show that we are the church through how we manage these challenges. As we navigate this:
- Remain encouraged by reading and meditating on God’s word
- Pray for one another
- Reach out to one another during this trying situation
- Make sure you tune into our online services
- Write a note of encouragement to someone
- Stay tuned to us on BAND
- Watch for Pastor Brandon's letters and/or videos