Topic: The Word of God Passage: 2 Timothy 3:16–3:16
Sermon Outline - July 19th, 2020 @10:30am EST
2 Timothy 3:16
1. What do we mean when we say the bible is without error (i.e. inerrant)?
1) Inerrancy means historical accuracy
2) Inerrancy exists even when old testament texts are not recited verbatim in the new testament
3) Inerrancy includes the use of figures of speech and different literary genres
4) The Bible is inerrant even when it does not use the modern language of science
5) Inerrancy does not guarantee the exhaustive comprehensiveness of any single account or combined accounts
6) Inerrancy does not demand the infallibility of non-inspired sources used by biblical writers
2. Why we should absolutely believe in biblical inerrancy
1) The Bible itself claims to be perfect
2) The Bible stands or falls as a whole.
3) The Bible is a reflection of its author.
4) The Bible judges us, not vice versa.
5) The Bible’s message must be taken as a whole.
6) The Bible is our only rule for faith and practice.
Sunday Service Songs (song sheet for download):