October 31, 2021
Devoted to God’s Word
- What are these three tasks of reading, exhorting, and teaching?
- How do these three relate to each other?
- All three should be present when believers meet for worship.
- They should occur in this order: reading, exhorting, and teaching.
- The public reading of Scripture is the first and primary task
- Why is reading the Word aloud so important?
- The command to read (1 Tim 4:13; Deut 31:11)
- The example of reading (Luke 4:16-30; Acts 13:14-42, Ex 24:6-7)
- The example from the early church
- The working of the Spirit through the Word (2 Kings 22:8-13)
- The public affirmation of the supremacy of the Word (Deut 17:18-20)
- How should we live in light of this verse?
Sunday Service Songs
Come Christians Join To Sing (1)
How Firm A Foundation (64)
Now Why This Fear (87)
Speak, O Lord (243)
May The Mind Of Christ, My Savior (227)
Sunday Service Resources
other sermons in this series