At GBC Gainesville, we believe that God's Word instructs and compels Christians to be committed to the local church - for corporate worship, fellowship, service, accountability, care, and protection within the body of Christ. Listed below are the items that need to be completed by folks in order to be considered for membership at GBC Gainesville:
- Listen to parts 1 through 4 of our Foundations of Grace sermon series which cover the 4 pillars of GBC Gainesville's Philosophy of Ministry. A summary document of the GBC Gainesville Philosophy of Ministry can be viewed here.
- Foundations of Grace part 1: What Is A Philosophy of Ministry and Pillar #1: The Exaltation of God
- Foundations of Grace part 2: Pillar #2: The Exposition of Scripture
- Foundations of Grace part 3: Pillar #3: Equipping the Saints
- Foundations of Grace part 4: Pillar #4: Evangelizing the Lost
- Review the GBC Gainesville church bylaws
- Review the GBC Gainesville doctrinal statement
- Complete the GBC Gainesville membership application
- Schedule an interview meeting with Pastor Brandon
- (optional) Listen to Pastor Brandon's 4-part sermon series on church membership
A helpful guide for writing your personal testimony can be found here.
Individuals and families who have completed the membership application process and have been approved to become members will be recognized with the right hand of fellowship during our Sunday morning worship services.